If winter comes, can spring be far behind?

Holi-day

⊆ 10:37 PM by Yasi Xu | . | ˜ 0 comments »


I believe this was my first time spending the holiday alone. Wasn't so bad, actually:

Cooked brunch with several of my friends at one of theirs apt. I made a stack of choco. chip banana pancakes. Those were very delightful =)

Went to a bakery to get a cake for my roommate's family, they invited me to their house for Thanksgiving dinner. And I really appreciated their hospitality.

Came back to my room around 4pm-ish. Took a picture of window-reflection randomly (yep, the one above). Had a quality nap for three hours till 7pm.

Cooked a little. And that was my little Thanksgiving dinner with the self. (There was almost no one in the building, so I took the advantage of the kitchen as much as I could, and I even sang while cooking, that was cheerful.)

Ate an apple. Way to be healthy.

Tried to call couple of friends but failed. I should have figured that nearly nobody would be available on Thanksgiving night for a talk. But at least I got to chat a littlε with one friend online which made me more than just happy.

Started on a date with my guitar ;)

Did a reading on Psalm 100, and loved it!

Listened to some favorite music. And headed back to bed again.

It was a refreshing day to do some reflections, and I had a relaxing time communicating with God without distractions. I know my life is gonna get back to the same old hectic status after these couple of days, and just thinking that made me cherish the day even more.

"For the Christian, thanksgiving is not just a day but a way of life." and that is dead-on.

God is too good, I'm content and can't ask for more...


0 Responses to Holi-day

= Leave a Reply