If winter comes, can spring be far behind?

A breakthrough

⊆ 11:00 PM by Yasi Xu | . | ˜ 2 comments »

This is crazy; me and Steph actually led out music service last night at vespers, for the very first time. It felt TOO GOOD, and I'm so doing it again! I never thought I would even want to try out at any point. First of all, I'm not good at playing guitar, at all; second, definately not in public/in front of everyone; last but certainly not the least, I'm the type of person who doesn't try/do things out of the comfort zone, my friend Nick pointed that out and encouraged me to work on it. I consider it as being a personality flaw of mine. I'm always lack of courage and timid in certain situations, BUT I think I've been improving much recently. Being able to lead song service means a lot to me, more than just a breakthrough, and I was very surprised that everyone liked it and thought it was really good. God blesses each of us with different talent, and I'm very thankful for the admin skill that I can have. Before I thought that I should just be cool with that talent, and musical related talents only belong to the musicians, so music can't be my thing. However, I discovered that God has given more than I thought, WAY more. Like that I can lead music service, when nobody else is available to do it. This is just an example, but what I really want to conclude here is that God will bless you with a certain talent that you never had before when others need it for good, and it is all up to whether you receive it or not.

I just want to encourage you like my friend has encouraged me: you never know until you try.

Simple, but truth.


2 Responses to A breakthrough

  1. NO THEFT Says:
    I'm so proud of you! That's excellent! woot woot! It's a huge relief when you stop considering yourself in the eyes of someone you think superior and understand that God's plan for you is diff. and individually special to JUST you! God has never required something awesome or perfect before He can use us as a vessel of His mercy and love, in fact its quite the opposite, He has chosen the 'least of these' to demonstrate His love to this world, look at the 12 disciples, the most UNqualified, we are worthy in His eyes, so that means we can stop trying to be like someone else, we can be ourselves in Jesus and He can turn that into an ever growing beauty that is contagious! I'm proud of you kiddo!
  2. Yasi Xu Says:
    Danka, mein freund! Thats a great point. You are so dead-on saying its a huge relief when u stop concerning urself in the eyes of someone you think superior, so TRUE! I used to concern too much, but I am glad that I have improved.

= Leave a Reply