If winter comes, can spring be far behind?

The road don't love you

⊆ 11:54 PM by Yasi Xu | . | ˜ 3 comments »

I have been trying to keep a constant prayer life, I was more dedicated at the beginning and it lasted for a "good" amount of time. My goal is to spend at least half an hour to talk to God and do devotionals daily, before going to bed at night and after waking up in the morning. But at times, I get caught up by other things--either brain dead after studying too much at night or sprinting to class after waking up too late. I have regretted so many times for not being consistent, but still kept being caught up over and over again.

I'm currently in this huge dilemma, which I severely need prayers for. I need guidance and directions from Above. I need the kind of courage I've never had before to make a decision. Being tangled up in such a situation makes me feel stupid. I've been starting to worry about my furture. Right now I have generous parents who take care of my tuitions, and all I need to concern about is my performance at school. I haven't stepped into this real crazy world yet. My roommate has to constantly remind me that the world isn't a fairy tale. I've gradually realized that being an adult is more difficult than solving math problems. I feel so sheltered and think that my naïvety might kill me some day in the furture. Having the intention/hope of potentially hurting nobody, has pushed me into this dilemma from which I now want to get out of badly. It is not healthy, at least on my part. I've been praying about it for a while. And I believe the Lord will answer my prayer, because He answers prayers :)

To have a relationship with Jesus Christ is bigger than life. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed to be reminded of that. In all cases, shall I say, communication is needed to maintain a relationship. And the way to communicate with God is through prayers. I want to seek His Way. Satan keeps cutting off the connection between us and our Father. Alas, we seem to fall into his traps so easily and unconsicously sometimes. Prayers are vital. They are not an obligation, they bring enormous joy. I desire them more than anything else. I desire a constant prayer life, desperately.

The road is bumpy but as long as you don't put the break on, you shall progress.


3 Responses to The road don't love you

  1. Steph Says:
    Oh Yasi, I'm sorry I haven't been that available to you as a "friend." We're always communicating '"professionally" about UW club stuff, but it seems like we haven't really spent time just talking as friends. Girl, if you ever need advice (even from someone who is still learning herself), please don't hesitate to ask.

    It sounds like you're on the right track though, seeking Him first and foremost. He's definitely the best advice-giver out there! :-)

    I know it's easier said than done, but just remind yourself that the cares of this world don't matter in the long run. All that matters is knowing Him.

    In the end, it doesn't matter what grades you get, what you major in, what job you have, whether or not you've traveled to all the places you want or done all the "worldly" things you've wanted to do.

    It only matters who you've loved and made an impact on and brought to Christ.

    I think in that regard, you're doing a darn good job. :-)
  2. Searching for the meaning of my true self. Says:
    Take comfort that our god hears and answers our prayers. With that sad may I also offer you my friendship and know that whatever you are going through we will be here for you :-)
  3. Yasi Xu Says:
    thanks girls! I really appreciate your encouraging words :)

= Leave a Reply